00lshw-to-xml detects throws errors

kryptonite
running detects /usr/share/inquisitor/detect/00lshw-to-xml caused the below error ! Any clue ?

-:201: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document
  <node id="network:1" claimed="true" class="network" handle="">
  ^
unable to parse -

Re: 00lshw-to-xml detects throws errors

Mikhail Yakshin
Administrator
Hi,

> running detects /usr/share/inquisitor/detect/00lshw-to-xml caused the below
> error ! Any clue ?
>
> -:201: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document
>   <node id="network:1" claimed="true" class="network" handle="">
>   ^
> unable to parse -

lshw-to-xml detect does a very simple thing:

* it asks for lshw output in XML form,
* strips various weird characters from this output,
* converts lshw XML to our own (much simpler) components.xml

Most probably, step 2 - stripping - somehow misfired and stripped more
than was feasible, thus breaking XML validity. Could you send me an
output of "lshw -xml" so I can check where these stripping sed
invocations fail?

--
WBR, Mikhail Yakshin