How to save test results on usb

fifiloulou
Hello,

How to save test results on usb?
By default the saving is made on / media / disk / how to write on a key usb?

Philippe.

Re: How to save test results on usb

rmarty
I will not help you but I encounter the same problem.
Trying many solutions just to save result on USB disk but I found no solution at the moment.

It seems that the live system detect USB insertion but it doesnt automatically mount the volume in the file system which mean that you could write on it.

If you find a solution let me know.

Regards

Re: How to save test results on usb

Michael Shigorin
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 05:08:23AM -0700, rmarty wrote:
> I will not help you but I encounter the same problem.
> Trying many solutions just to save result on USB disk but I
> found no solution at the moment.
>
> It seems that the live system detect USB insertion but it
> doesnt automatically mount the volume in the file system which
> mean that you could write on it.
>
> If you find a solution let me know.

To note the device name (like sdb1) of the flash drive:

# dmesg | tail

To get access to its filesystem:

# mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mnt

To copy the logs:

# cp /path/to/file /mnt

To flush the write buffers and safely remove the drive:

# umount /dev/sdb1

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <[hidden email]>

Re: How to save test results on usb

rmarty
Hi,
first of all many thanks for your answer but this is not the issue.

When I boot from USB using the ISO file of the live distribution of Inquisitor there is no way to access shell or command line which means that there is no way to mount other USB volume.

I hope the description of my issue is clear know.

Or may be something missed me at this point or I dont use it in the right way ?!

Kind regards,

Re: How to save test results on usb

Mikhail Yakshin
Administrator
Hi there,

> When I boot from USB using the ISO file of the live distribution of
> Inquisitor there is no way to access shell or command line which means that
> there is no way to mount other USB volume.

In fact, the *is* a way and it *is* standard for all Linux-kernel
running distributions as far as I know. Try to switch consoles using
Alt+F2, Alt+F3, etc keys to find a working console with a shell. Exact
console with a shell depends on Inquisitor build config, recent build
would usually use consoles as this:

Alt+F1 => main Inquisitor console
Alt+F2 => debugging tty
Alt+F3 and so on => normal shell consoles

Use use "root" and password "inq" to login.

--
WBR, Mikhail Yakshin

Re: How to save test results on usb

rmarty
Hi Mikhail,
that was the missing part for me, I'm newbie on Linux OS and I dont event try the ALT+F2 key combo.

Know it's more obvious for me to interact properly with inquisitor LIVE.

Many thanks, best regards,
Regis MARTY