Inquisitor 3.1 beta2 amd64 Live CD on Dell Inspiron N4010 / errors

S B

Inquisitor 3.1 beta2 amd64 Live CD on Dell Inspiron N4010 / errors

S B

Hi,

I downloaded inq-live-3.1beta2-amd64-debian.iso and burnt it onto a CD and booted from it on my Dell Inspiron N4010.

Unlike the standard boot process (which I compared against another machine), while booting on this machine, the lines scrolled by too fast to read. When I reached the main ‘screen’, I saw unusual lines below the menu options (see http://imagebin.org/235963) – I had NOT selected any option at all at that time.

When I selected Non-destructive benchmark-only tests loop, lots of lines got interspersed together (some lines were static, some were constantly changing) – after a while, the screen shown in http://imagebin.org/235964 showed up and remained like this for a while (the bottom line changing rapidly).

Can someone help me figure out what is wrong with my system?

Thanks,

Sid

S B

Re: Inquisitor 3.1 beta2 amd64 Live CD on Dell Inspiron N4010 / errors

S B

Thoughts, folks? Is there another diagnostic program that can help me figure out more precisely what’s wrong with my system?

Re: Inquisitor 3.1 beta2 amd64 Live CD on Dell Inspiron N4010 / errors

Michael Shigorin
On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 05:35:34PM +0530, S B wrote:
> Thoughts, folks? Is there another diagnostic program that can
> help me figure out more precisely what's wrong with my system?

Might be not *that* much wrong... sometimes there are HPET
related options in BIOS, and sometimes there's a more recent
BIOS image as well.

> http://imagebin.org/235964

Haven't seen kernel messages like that before though,
try searching for those?

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <[hidden email]>