Problem using Live CD on a Macbook Pro

torncanvas
I was able to boot up and get to the graphical menu with my Live CD. However, after selecting Hardware Check, I'm taken to a tcl blue screen and I see an error that says "CD Rom not found."

Is there any way to get a Live CD running on my Macbook Pro without going to too much trouble? Or am I screwed and I'd have to compile my own version in order to recognize the optical drive?

Re: Problem using Live CD on a Macbook Pro

Mikhail Yakshin
Administrator
Hi,

> I was able to boot up and get to the graphical menu with my Live CD. However,
> after selecting Hardware Check, I'm taken to a tcl blue screen and I see an
> error that says "CD Rom not found."
>
> Is there any way to get a Live CD running on my Macbook Pro without going to
> too much trouble? Or am I screwed and I'd have to compile my own version in
> order to recognize the optical drive?

I believe you're using ancient 3.0 build. Try 3.1-beta2 version, it
has much newer kernel, thus supporting more modern disc controllers.

--
WBR, Mikhail Yakshin