make all not completed in ubuntu 12.04

Prabhat Nawani
Hi all

while i typed make all i am getting the follwing error!

dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libmpich.so.3 needed by debian/inquisitor-client/usr/share/inquisitor/test/xhpl_amd64 (ELF format: 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '').
dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libopa.so.1 needed by debian/inquisitor-client/usr/share/inquisitor/test/xhpl_amd64 (ELF format: 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '').
dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libmpl.so.1 needed by debian/inquisitor-client/usr/share/inquisitor/test/xhpl_amd64 (ELF format: 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '').
dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libcr.so.0 needed by debian/inquisitor-client/usr/share/inquisitor/test/xhpl_amd64 (ELF format: 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '').
dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libgfortran.so.3 needed by debian/inquisitor-client/usr/share/inquisitor/test/xhpl_amd64 (ELF format: 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '').
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgcc_s.so.1 could be avoided if "debian/inquisitor-client/usr/share/inquisitor/test/xhpl_amd64 debian/inquisitor-client/usr/share/inquisitor/test/xhpl_intel64" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libquadmath.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/inquisitor-client/usr/share/inquisitor/test/xhpl_amd64" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on librt.so.1 could be avoided if "debian/inquisitor-client/usr/share/inquisitor/test/xhpl_amd64 debian/inquisitor-client/usr/share/inquisitor/test/xhpl_intel64" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: error: Cannot continue due to the errors listed above.
Note: libraries are not searched in other binary packages that do not have any shlibs or symbols file.
To help dpkg-shlibdeps find private libraries, you might need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
dh_shlibdeps: dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/inquisitor-client.substvars debian/inquisitor-client/usr/share/inquisitor/test/xhpl_intel64 debian/inquisitor-client/usr/share/inquisitor/test/xhpl_amd64 debian/inquisitor-client/usr/bin/thermo-init debian/inquisitor-client/usr/bin/inq-live-spinner returned exit code 2
make[1]: *** [binary-arch] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/Inquisitor/work/build-package/inquisitor-client-1.0-1'
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
make: *** [build-package] Error 2

please help me up to fix it!

Best Regards

Prabhat

Re: make all not completed in ubuntu 12.04

Mikhail Yakshin
Administrator
Dear Prabhat,

Thanks for contacting us,

> while i typed make all i am getting the follwing error!
>
> dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libmpich.so.3 needed by
> debian/inquisitor-client/usr/share/inquisitor/test/xhpl_amd64 (ELF format:
> 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '').
[...]
> make: *** [build-package] Error 2
>
> please help me up to fix it!

Looks like current Ubuntu's library checker is more strict than the
one we use at our systems. If I understand correctly, you should edit
build/debian/debian/rules file, find there a string:

dh_shlibdeps

and replace it with

dh_shlibdeps --dpkg-shlibdeps-params=--ignore-missing-info

See if it will solve your build problem - although note that you lack
MPICH libraries (as listed on that error log) and tests that rely on
MPICH would fail (i.e. linpack test).

If option won't help, try removing that line completely - that will
skip all the shared library checks at all.

--
WBR, Mikhail Yakshin

RE: make all not completed in ubuntu 12.04

Prabhat Nawani

Thank you for the reply

I want to ask you , can Inquisitor be deployed on centos??

Best Regards

Prabhat

> while i typed make all i am getting the follwing error!
>
> dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libmpich.so.3 needed by
> debian/inquisitor-client/usr/share/inquisitor/test/xhpl_amd64 (ELF format:
> 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '').
[...]
> make: *** [build-package] Error 2
>
> please help me up to fix it!

Looks like current Ubuntu's library checker is more strict than the
one we use at our systems. If I understand correctly, you should edit
build/debian/debian/rules file, find there a string:

dh_shlibdeps

and replace it with

dh_shlibdeps --dpkg-shlibdeps-params=--ignore-missing-info

See if it will solve your build problem - although note that you lack
MPICH libraries (as listed on that error log) and tests that rely on
MPICH would fail (i.e. linpack test).

If option won't help, try removing that line completely - that will
skip all the shared library checks at all.

--
WBR, Mikhail Yakshin

http://inquisitor-english-discussion.41408.n3.nabble.com/make-all-not-completed-in-ubuntu-12-04-tp4023771p4023772.html

To unsubscribe from make all not completed in ubuntu 12.04, click here.
NAML

Re: make all not completed in ubuntu 12.04

Mikhail Yakshin
Administrator
Dear Prabhat,

> Thank you for the reply
> I want to ask you , can Inquisitor be deployed on centos??

There are several aspects of what can be called "deployment on centos":

1. Is it possible to build and run Inquisitor client in centos environment?

The answer is "yes", Inquisitor client doesn't require any special
Linux to run, almost any regular distribution will do.

2. Is it possible to build an Inquisitor client as a package for centos?

The answer is "theoretically, yes, but no one has done so yet". There
are no special packaging instructions to build Centos
(RedHat-compatible) RPM yet, although it should be pretty easy to
adapt existing RPM building instructions from build/altlinux
directory.

3. Is it possible to build live CD/DVD using Centos as a base?

The answer is again, "probably, yes, but nobody tried to implement it
yet". This should be harder than just building an RPM, as you would
need to implement building Live CD/DVD/flash using Centos tools (akin
to spt/mkimage for altlinux or livehelper/livebuilder for debian).

4. Is it possible to build networked client root using Centos as a base?

The answer is the same as question #3 - "probably, yes, but nobody has
tried it". However, if you'd want to do it only once, you can manually
install centos root for networked boot and then manually install
inquisitor-client package there - probably it will work.

5. Is it possible to use centos server as a server for networked
Inquisitor enterprise installation?

The answer is "yes" - in fact, server can run almost anything, there
were even success stories of running Inquisitor server software on
Windows.

Hope you'll find your question in one of these :)

--
WBR, Mikhail Yakshin